For many of Israel’s widows and orphans, the pain of their loss is
compounded by the daily struggle to simply keep a roof over their heads.
Though the primary breadwinner is gone, bills still come and rent is still
demanded. Lives that have been broken take time to put back together, but
when survival is a daily struggle, healing is an impossible task.
With that horrible knock on the door, the world collapses around the new
widows and orphans, who then need to gather all their strength to go on
The organization’s goal is to provide social, emotional and financial
support to widows and orphans who have suffered the greatest loss.
As part of the Yashar LaChayal Widow and Orphan fund we provide:
* College scholarships
* Recreation/Fun days
* Financial assistance for special events (wedding, Bar Mitzvah, etc.)
* Funding for after school activities
* Financial assistance for monthly expenses
* Funding for emotional support (psychologists, social workers)
* Funding for private lessons for children in school
By doing so we hope to ease their struggle and provide them the time they
need to heal and adjust to a new way of life.Donate